Welcome to the Weber County 9-12 Project Blog

This is the blog for the Weber 9-12 Project. Please visit our website for meeting times and locations: www.weber912.com

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Our Blog Moderators and Contributors

This post serves as a little introduction for each of our contributors and moderators.  It will be updated as more are added.

Ashley
I am a work at home mother of one young son.  I started my own business in 2008 just after my son was born.  I got involved in politics after hearing about the CPSIA legislation (you can find more information about the "Lead Law" here).  I knew that this legislation would hurt my brand new business because I make cloth diapers and baby and children items.  I was in a big fight to repel this law and continue to fight now.  I felt like I really could make a difference when congress placed a 1 year "stay" on the law, followed by another 1 year stay, and some revisions to exempt clothing, fabrics, and yarn from the lead testing.  Since then I started becoming more involved.  When I heard about the 9-12 Project I knew it was an organization for me.  I want to make a difference and help restore our country to the America set up by the Constitution.  I want my son and other future children to grow up in an America free of debt and dishonest politicians.  More importantly though, I want to be an example to them and show that this country is worth fighting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment